Monday 23 October 2017

A Member Of Your Family



What comes through so clearly isn’t any less the 
big surprise; like, - who’d’ve surmised there’d be 
a subtle of sorts & even more dramatic epiphany 
to deal with after wending our way home; it can’t 
be a coincidence meanings of family and what a 
home is then preyed on sensitivities honed to an 
enigmatic plane of acuity & no way had I dreamt 
it into being there; I’d been indoc-kindred-inated 

And so I say congratulations James, Oliver, and 
Charlotte - you succeeded in that plot of yours t’ 
make me ‘comfortably’ aware of who’s family I’d 
been dealing with; there is no doubt we are now 
all on th’ same planar reality; but beware of your 
transcendental sensitivities for parenting please 

And by the way, thank you for including me in th’ 
games you play with such vivacity, élan - & dare 
I say it, perspicacity; I’m not as shrewd yet as I’ll 
need to be to threaten your ascendency, but will 
promise to work on it so when we meet again I’ll 
just stand a chance, & be thus so pleased to be

A member of your family 
© 1 May 2017, I. D. Carswell 


From your doting Granddad… 

No comments:

Post a Comment