Thursday 19 October 2017

Nearly Made The Page



So I nearly made the page - when you’ve trouble 
with your sinuses the thinking evolves around an 
untroubled breathing, & in a way it makes sense 
that you inhale air without nasal proclivity; tho’ t' 
blame the proper culprit means seeing hay fever 
allergy for what it is - tho it abates when the dust 
from pollens cease their venal primacy; but in th’ 
meantime, however, - you still have to breathe 

So the runny nose and tears this morning meant 
a visit to the Pharmacy but she misunderstood a 
request for sinus relief; oh, woe is me, it seems I 
misrepresented what was actually happening, or 
mentioned decongestants to make the case in a 
mistaken belief they’d do the appropriate thing  

And that’s where I nearly made the page - you’d 
read it easier I guess if you were congested, but 
I needed something to make it cease; opposites 
unfortunately don’t necessarily bring about relief, 
tho’ I’ll say sinuses have clearly aided a learning 
process I’ve sorely needed in my dotage today 
© 18 May 2017, I. D. Carswell 

No comments:

Post a Comment