Saturday 21 October 2017

Soft Growing Green



After the last disdainful condescension termed a 
drop of rain its at it again - perhaps a mite better 
this time; there’s no deranged downpour, just th’ 
steady drizzle we liken t’ having Heaven’s liquor 
poured in th’ right & proper place getting best of 
a beatified blessing, and with no dreaded waste 

Yet I still hear a grizzling from where those auto- 
bahn constituencies complain ‘our Motorway’s a 
death trap in the wet’; I could say - it isn’t for me 
because I don’t play at driving then; so where th’ 
analogy fails is up in the air spelled by their utile 
definition of what is plaguing their convenience 

Best I keep the peace - but I seem to remember 
a wet spell not too far back when flooding hit th’ 
headlines with a vengeance; - weren’t too many 
whinges back then, highways were closed - and 
from memory stayed so until the floods receded 
after 4 - 5 days; now its a drizzled-upon history 

But out here in th’ styx we’re resting at ease; no 
crazy streams gouging out new floodplains, our 
sense of security gains upper hand and without 
insurance reps plagiarising from those dramatic 
and defaulted claims o’ legendary causality - so 
we relax into the Nirvana of soft, growing green 
© 10 May 2017, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment