Wednesday 13 February 2019

Being Eight



Well little Lady, if I could be so bold to suggest 
you are an inscrutable expression of whomever 
you’d like to be - I’m pulling in the bets; there’s 
saving evidence enough already such a louche 
idea of whom you are is way off the beat you’d 
see reasonable, you’re too much like me, altho, 
probably - you & I’d wouldn’t agree who’s right 
anyway; but it’s your birthday, so guess who is 

IT and back in th’ cereal-box-spec of whatever 
you’ve decided matters, and we’re all ears; I’m 
looking forward t’ seeing you after this fete tho’ 
my fear is you’ll surreptitiously slip up 10 years 
more than th’ calendar prescribes; so for all th’ 
right reasons Stella, keep it simple - and be 8 
© 10 August 2018, I. D. Carswell 

No comments:

Post a Comment