Thursday 14 February 2019

Hard At Work


We were hard at work when the picture was taken, 
Jimmi’s ‘in-close’ idea of proper companionship’s  
collared to his reality. I said, don’t move about like 
that, he mutters, I’m nearly asleep, its been a ‘stiff’ 
enough day already; there’s much too much of the
uncharted territory I’ve yet to pee on. So - drift off, 
I’ll be back on it - when energy enough’s returned; 
we silently suffer th’ photograph by sleeping thus 

That isn’t to say this is his only masterplan; Jimmi 
plays the game according t’ rules he discerns can 
be modified subtly, & one cannot be unimpressed 
with the way he varies his behaviour with degrees 
of sophistication and surreptitious panache - isn’t 
lost on me either I suggest, now go back to sleep 
© 3 August 2018, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment