Monday 25 February 2019

Wisdom’s Queue


So th’ Fakir sez, 12:00 am & geeze, y’ haven’t 
justified yer existence today - your pen hasn’t 
seen th’ light nor words flowed even partially t’ 
requite a space you leprously occupy; well, if I 
can’t aesthetically debate I’m the Alms Bandit 
he emulates, then I belong in another niche, & 
it rankles; who’s going to abide with me for th’ 
views which ‘Wisdom of Ages’ construes free 

But then he accepts th’ gifts we bear as proof 
he’s for real too, and I joined that queue for all 
th’ sagacity it contains: we’re here, ostensibly, 
for the same reasons, I reply - although I have 
to write with originality to ever be granted that 
which is freely given you - but, I agree, there’s 

need to be disciplined, and true, to our creed
© 12 October 2018, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment