Saturday 23 February 2019

Being The Poet


Being ‘The Poet’ plays it’s mercenary tune with 
or without strategies reasoned sagaciously - &, 
I suspect for no other reason than it can; we’ve 
treasonous sanity bequeathed herein, which I’ll 
be pleased to see depart, if and when it finds a 
key t’ its own perspicacity; for me th’ sanctuary 
is verse which stays freed rigours of this time & 
space - and with no instep & in-tune audiences 

But we’ll see, won’t we, it replies - th’ echo has 
t’ be more than flies wings beating breezes shy, 
even you’d regret the silence; which is true, but 
I don’t die for communally espoused views that 
have deferentially reached use-by & expired, at 
least in ways I see poetry being my freedom 
© 17 August 2018, I. D. Carswell 

No comments:

Post a Comment